Hair fall / Hair Regrowth Treatment
Hair plays an important role in determining self-image, social perceptions, and psychosocial functioning. Hair loss has devastating psychological impact in the form of poor self esteem among peer group and negative body image which may lead to anxiety and depression. Successful treatment of hair loss improves the self esteem and perception of personal attractiveness.
Genetics/family pattern, nutrition, sleep deprivation, anxiety, stress, hormonal imbalances, hypothyroidism, PCOD, DHT, menopause, anemia are various factors which play a significant role in hair fall/loss. About 70% of men are affected with androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness and 40% of women experience female pattern hair loss at some point of time in their lifetime. The androgenic alopecia present as hairline recession and vertex balding while women experience diffuse thinning of hair over scalp.
The treatment modalities offered by Raj Skin Clinic are:
Hair Restoration Clinical Acupuncture (ACUGEN)
Acupuncture reduces hair loss and promotes hair regrowth for patients with alopecia ( baldness ). Modern researchers discovered that acupuncture helps to strengthen the immune system and promote haemopoisis. It has also been shown to regulate blood platelet aggregation, benefits circulation in blood vessels and repair tissues. Researchers also agree that dissolving blood stasis helps to promote blood circulation, thereby supplying nutrients to the hair which is important for hair health.
Additionally researchers found that acupuncture is effective for the treatment of chronic stress and prevention of stress induced increase in HPA hormone and has potential long lasting effects. Behavioral tests show electroacupuncture is an effective modality in eliminating “depressive and anxious” behavior.
The PRP is one of the most advanced, non-surgical procedures available for Hair re-growth. PRP is a natural rejuvenator that aids in the healing process and it’s extremely powerful concentration of natural growth factors are able to stimulate stem cells in hair follicle.
A SAFE AND NATURAL TECHNIQUE
- The PRP is prepared from patient’s own blood and not from any external source therefore no possibility of side effects or rejection.
- In none of the phases of treatment is the blood in contact with the external environment: its contamination with dangerous or toxic substance and micro-organism is impossible.
What result to be expected in hair treatment?
Growth factor stimulate bulb cells ( of the dermal papilla, of the matrix, of the melanocytes ) to maintain the active anagen phase, produce hair stem, reduce skin inflammation process and reduce cell death mechanisms. Moreover, ( and here lies the difference with regular therapies) the extremely powerful concentration of natural growth factors is able to stimulate stem cells in the existing bulbs to create a new hair bulb.
- In androgenic alopecia, a certain number of hair ( not definable ) can regrow above all during the first stage of pathology ( especially from stage 1-4 of the Hamilton scale and in stage 1 and 2 of the Ludwig scale ). According to the scientific literature regrowth appears significantly in 60% of cases. Usually two sessions carried out two months apart.
- In alopecia areata, it represent the most important treatment technique, withhigh hair re-growth percentage in active patches, three sessions are usually carried out 2 months apart.
- In cicatricial alopecia, the treatment can have a significant control effect on the inflammatory process and reduce the death progression of the active bulbs, above all in early stages. Three sessions are usually carried out two months apart.
CAN IT BE REPEATED AT A LATER TIME?
Yes, cycle treatment with therapeutic or maintainance purposes are possible. A study protocol by an American group ( J.Greco, California) recommends one treatment per year in case of androgenic alopecia.
CAN IT BE PERFORMED ALONG WITH HAIR TRANSPLANTATION?
Yes, according to the protocol PRP is always performed at the end of hair transplant surgery in order to obtain:
- A faster enfraftment of the transplanted roots.
- An increase in the growth percentage of the other silent bulbs.
- A faster healing of the scalp skin which underwent hair transplantation.
In a bald scalp hair can be restored naturally by Hair Transplant Surgery. Alternatively hair patch can be applied to camouflage the balding scalp.