Eczema represents any rash like conditions with following manifestations
- Itching which may be intense.
- Patches of red skin eruptions (Rashes) which may develop blisters and oozing
- Rough, dry & scaly skin which may develop cracks.
Facts about eczema
- Some foods like nuts and milk products may trigger the condition.
- Smoke, dust and pollen may also exacerbate the condition.
- Eczema is not contagious as it involves the immune system.
- There are episodes of exacerbation and remission.
- Treatment is focused to control the exacerbation and prolong the remission phase.
Types of Eczema
- Atopic dermatitis
- Allergic contact eczema (dermatitis)
- Dyshidrotic eczema
- Nummular eczema
- Seborrheic eczema
- Stasis dermatitis